Monday, June 22, 2009

Engagement July 21, 2006


Tim and I had been dating for 4 years when he proposed to me in Myrtle Beach, SC. We were on vacation with his family, and one night he had asked me if I would like to go lay on the beach... I was shocked that he wanted to do this because its not like him at all, but I never turn times like that down. So we went to lay on the beach, and we took a blanket, and a pillow... It was so peaceful and there were still people walking on the beach even though it was like 11 pm! But after a while Tim had suggested that we get up and go for a walk... he said he was tired of laying there. I said sure, and waited for him to get up. Well he wanted me to get up first, and any other time I would have argued this point and said "Well why dont you get up 1st!!" but I didnt want to ruin the mood because he was being extra sweet.... So I got up, and he only got up to one knee.... Then he pulled a box out of his pocket, and asked if I would marry him! I was soo shocked because I was NOT expecting that at all!! But of course I said yes... so we ran inside the hotel room where his family was to tell them the news... And I'm not sure, but I think his older sister KImberly was the only one that knew ahead of time, so everyone else was shocked also! When I look back on that vacation, I always remember how many "signs" there were... It seemed like everywhere we went there were signs of getting married, and everystation we listened to said something about it.. it was the weirdest thing... And I know Tims parents were thrilled about the idea at first, but I am sooo thankful to them for accepting me into their family..

No comments:

Post a Comment